The rise of citizen-led regeneration of communities
1) Public-private partnerships that create funding
2) libraries as community spaces, incubators...being supportive.
3) becoming a catalytic force in the neighborhood. Computer-based especially crowd technologies. Is non-capital-intensive. Three trends:
--- restorative development - three modes of development: new development, maintenance/conservation, restorative environment. Book "Restorative Economy" Our reporting systems don't capture all of the restorative work that is occurring.
--- citizen leadership - 4Ps of progress - plans, projects, polls/protests, policies. Missing was "programs." Citizen led renewal automatically means engagement.
--- crowd technologies - social media only connects us. Crowd technologies allows us to build public support.
----- crowd sourcing
Crowd technologies is the opposite of "groupthink" and "mindless masses."
"It's hard to be humble when you're a librarian."
Book - "Pulbic libraries and resilient cities"
What does the smear for libraries? Includes:
- more project started by library users
- More ability for citizens to gain strong public support
Post a Comment