The Illinois Digitization Institute is offering more online digitization courses in 2006! The next course will be July 10 - 28, 2006 with an optional two-day, hands-on workshop on August 3 & 4, 2006.
Using WebCT courseware, this web-based course will allow participants to contribute to online discussions and solve real world digitization problems right from their own computers. Topics to be discussed are:
- Benefits and costs of digitization projects
- Issues involved in designing, setting goals, and evaluating digitization projects
- Planning issues including: budgeting, workflow, copyright, and delivery
- Metadata standards and metadata creation
- Selection of materials to be digitize and equipment selection
- Best practices and basic scanning and image manipulation skills
The optional two-day, hands-on workshop will be held at the Illinois State Library in Springfield, Illinois. Workshop will include image capture using scanners and digital cameras, OCR, and metadata creation using CONTENTdm.
- $300.00 per person for online course
- Additional $100.00, plus travel expenses for workshop (space in workshop is limited so register soon!)
DEADLINE FOR REGISTERING IS MONDAY, JUNE 26, 2006.
Questions? Please contact Amy Maroso by e-mail: maroso_at_uiuc.edu or by phone: + 217-244-4946.
Technorati tag: Digitization