Please join us for a special one day event, the Digitization Expo 2008 at the Texas Library Association's Annual Convention. Everyone is welcome to attend, and the cost is just $15 at the door. Are you interested in digitization, but don't know where to start? Do you want to learn more? This is a wonderful opportunity to find the answers you've been looking for. Visit the Digitization Expo to learn from practitioners, talk with vendors, and see live demonstrations of
equipment and software. From digital cameras to high end scanners, you can see it all here!
When? Tuesday, April 15, 2008 9 am - 4:30 pm
Where? Dallas Convention Center, corner of Young and Griffin, Ballroom A, 3
Who? Anyone interested in digitization, you do not need to be a TLA member.
What? From digital cameras to high end scanners, you can see it all here!
How? $15 at the door of the ballroom.
Preliminary List of Vendors:
- Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
- Backstage Library Works
- Archetype Digital Imaging Alliance
- Zytron Imaging
- Amigos Library Services
- IImage Retrieval
- Safe Sound
- Texas State Library and Archives Commission
- Texas Heritage Digitization Initiative
- Portal to Texas History
- Mike Miller, Austin History Center
- Danielle Cunniff Plumer, TSLAC
- Geneva Henry, Rice University
- Susan Clarke, Stephen F. Austin University
- Laura Zavala Garcia and Alex Hatley, Corpus Christi Public Library
- Mark Phillips, University of North Texas
- George Blood, Safe Sound
The University of Texas' chapter of the American Society for Information Science and Technology will demonstrate open-source software including Open Collection, Greenstone, Fedora, DSpace, and more.
Poster sessions, on display all day, and live discussion 3 - 4:30 pm.
Technorati tag: Digitization
Post a Comment