Tracy Z. Maleeff started by giving a disclaimer about Twitter and that the fact that the service changes. She also noted that she uses a lot of free sources.
Twitter users tend to be in a specific age demographic. Twitter is not the medium used by everyone.
Twitter's heavy usage is early afternoon in the local time zone.
- To / from people - From:marciadorsey to:jack. OR from:@marciadorsey to:@jack
- To:Walmart defective
- From:johnlegere :-( - this finds :-( and :(
- "Snow" near:20005 within:5mi - people have to be geotagging and not spiffing their location.
- Traffic near:wc1
- Pancakes source:Instagram
- You will get different results when you are logged in versus when you are not logged in.
- Does your search take into account spelling variations?
- To search a foreign language, you the language country code. Lang=Fr
Tools for managing your Twitter stream:
- Nuzzel.com - it will send you an email summary. It is also an app. (URL corrected)
- Storify.com - a Twitter compiler
- Hootsuite - for scheduling tweets
- Tweetdeck - for scheduling tweets
- Buffer - for scheduling tweets
- Twellowhood - for finding accounts geographically, based on a person's profile.
- Twilert - on-demand Twitter alerts via email. They do offer a free option.
- ZeroFox - cyber security for social media accounts. Fee-based service.