Friday, February 09, 2007

The IST677 blog

My graduate students at Syracuse University are blogging this semester for IST 677 (Creating, Managing and Preserving Digital Assets). They are each charged with creating seven blog posts during the semester about specific digitization projects. I tell them to only spend 30 - 45 minutes total (research and writing) on each post. Why? There are other assignments that they must do during the semester (as well as reading and participating in discussions), so I don't want blogging to take up too much time. Who knows how much time they each really spend for these interesting and enlightening blog posts. I just hope the blog posts do not become a "black hole" (and I do "comment" if I think they are).

Here are titles of five recent posts:
  • Medieval Manuscript of Syracuse University Library
  • Columbia River Basin Ethnic History Archives
  • Stanford's Dime Novels & Penny Dreadfuls
  • Connecticut History Online
  • Exploratorium: Digital Library
Please feel free to read this blog and leave comments.

By the way, you will notice that there are older posts from last year. This is a continuation of the blog that I started last year for this class, so there are already over 100 posts there. A good repository of information on digitization programs/projects.

No comments: