(1) to preserve electronic art, electronic-based cultural materials and tools of its creation; andThe group holds workshops and conferences, and publishes useful information on its web site. Its Library contains "informational documents by various authors about electronic and related media." For example:
(2) to provide a means for conservators and related professionals to develop and maintain knowledge of relevant new media and emerging technologies.
- Image File Formats: TIFF, JPEG & JPEG2000 by Tim Vitale, January 2006
- Storage of Image Files (long version) by Tim Vitale, November 2005
- Automating Routine Tasks in Adobe Photoshop CS: Tips for Conservators by Jeffrey Warda, January 2006
- The Relative Stabilities of Optical Disc Formats by Joe Iraci, Restaurator, Volume 26, No. 2, 2005
- Media Choices for the Preservation of Digital Documents (PDF) by Tim Au Yeung, AIC News, March 2005
Technorati tag: digital media