Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Digitization-related books

I received an email today asking why bloggers, etc., don't talk frequently about books that are available on digitization and digital preservation. I think it is because we're drawn to what is truly new and curent. In addition, book content is generally not immediate accessible. With digitization, there is a lot of excellent content on the Internet and available for free. Perhaps we -- bloggers -- wrongly point to that more frequently than to hardcopy books that are excellent resources, but not immediately viewable.

I had received a catalogue from Neal Schuman and was going to look through it for relevant books. The email message prompted me to do it today, instead of procrastinating. I'm including links below to the books on Amazon.com and Neal Schuman, both of which provide online ordering.


Link to Neal Schuman site

Link to Neal Schuman site

Link to Neal Schuman site

Link to Neal Schuman site

Link to Neal Schuman site

Link to Neal Schuman site

Link to Neal Schuman site

Link to Neal Schuman site


Technorati tags: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I try to view this post via a Firefox browser it hangs indefinitely. Seems to do fine in IE.

Jill Hurst-Wahl said...

Jeanne, when I look at it in Firefox, it displays fine. I have no idea what the problem might be.