Tilburg University, The Netherlands, 21-26 August 2005
The International Ticer School (known for its former International Summer School on the Digital Library) offers a brand new, modular course for librarians and publishers: "Digital Libraries à la Carte: Choices for the Future". The course will be held at Tilburg University, the Netherlands, 21-26 August 2005.
From its ‘menu’ of five one-day modules, you can pick your choice:
- trends and strategic issues
- technological developments, relevant to libraries
- consortia and licensing
- Open Access and institutional repositories
- the role of libraries in teaching and learning
Top speakers will present their views. Below is a selection.
- Marissa Mayer is Director, Consumer Web Products at Google
- Derk Haank is CEO of Springer and former CEO of Elsevier
- Peter Suber is among the most cited authors on Open Access
- Jenny Levine’s blog (theshiftedlibrarian.com) is read by thousands of librarians
- Carol Tenopir has published over 200 journal articles and is cited frequently
- Deb deBruijn closed the worldwide biggest consortium deal (over 50 million dollar)
- Gerry McKiernan is the compiler of several known Web registries
- Steven Gilbert is president of The TLT Group and an expert on learning landscapes
- Pat Maughan transforms the undergraduate curriculum at the prestigious UC Berkeley to include information literacy training
If you register before 1 June 2005, you will get a €150 discount.
Do you want a quick update in just one to five days?
Then Tilburg is the place to be this summer!
Ms Jola Prinsen
Course Manager Ticer B.V.
P.O. Box 4191
5004 JD Tilburg
tel. +31 13 466 8310
fax +31 13 466 8383