- How quickly was each item scanned?
- What interaction did the technician need to have with the machine and item during the scanning process?
- Can the technician multi-task or must the person be dedicated to the scanning process?
- What stress was placed on the items being scanned? (e.g., books laid in a way that could harm the binding)
- How many pages per hour were scanned?
- When is each machine appropriate?
Now that would be a wonderful holiday gift for every institution that is thinking about digitizing bound materials could use.
Technorati tag: Digitization