- Don't make a schedule, make a wish list of sessions that you want to attend. (LibrarianKate)
- Use the ALA conference scheduler. (LibrarianKate)
- Schedule some downtime. (LibrarianKate) [like Craftcon]
- If you can't get to a session, find the presenter online and see if the person will share the handout with you. (BaldGeekinMD)
- Schedule time for serendipitous discovery. (BaldGeekinMD)
- Schedule time to visit the exhibit hall. (BaldGeekinMD)
- Don't ignore the Twitter back channel. (PS)
- Use social media. (LibrarianKate)
- Go to some social events. (MLx)
- Dress comfortably. (MLx)
- Do wear shoes! (BaldGeekinMD)
- Use a totebag from another conference, so you can easily spot your own bag.
- When you're outside of the conference, take off your conference badge.
- Set aside things to pack when you think of them, cause ya know you're gonna forget! (Jill_HW)
Friday, June 15, 2012
ALA conference tips from T is for Training
T is for Training. (link to MP3 file) I tried to capture who said each tip, although in a couple of cases, several people chimed in together on the same one!