International Conference on Digital Library Management (ICDLM)
Theme: Extending Benefits of Modern Technology to Public, Academic and Special Libraries
Science City, Kolkata, 11-13 January, 2011
Venue: Science City, Kolkata
Organiser: TERI, New Delhi
Co-Organiser: Raja Rammohan Roy Library Foundation, Ministry of Culture, Government of India, Kolkata
Continuous capacity development and awareness programmes are necessary to achieve the objective of transforming the novice into digital librarians of future. The success of ICDL 2004, ICDL 2006 and 2010 has encouraged and motivated TERI, New Delhi and Raja Rammohan Roy Library Foundation, Kolkata in partnership with Ministry of Culture, Government of India, New Delhi to conduct of the ICDLM 2011 which will provide yet another stimulating forum for DL professionals to share their knowledge, experience and wisdom.
The theme of the proposed conference is ?Extending Benefits of Modern Technology to Public, Academic and Special Libraries?. The conference will focus on creation, adoption, implementation and utilization of digital libraries, e-learning and a knowledge society. We invite you all to submit your research paper.
- Provide a platform and enable interaction among DL experts and researchers
- Facilitate creation adoption, implementation and utilization of DL?s, and their future implications
- Bridging the digital divide through knowledge sharing
Who should participate?
(a) Professionals from public, academic and special libraries
(b) Information Technology professionals.
(c) Content and knowledge managers
(d) Policy makers
(e) Academicians, students and distance learners
(f) Archivists and museologists
(g) Information providers and vendors.
(h) E-publishers and virtual electronic communities
(i) Library and Information Science professionals.
(j) All stakeholders in the digitization and knowledge business.
Call for papers
Original papers focusing on the theme of the conference? Extending Benefits of Modern Technology to Public, Academic and Special Libraries are invited for the. Some of the topics are listed below:
- DL development and management
- Content organization and management
- DL architecture and access management
- Knowledge management
- Digital preservation
- DL standards and policy
- Thesauri and ontologies, semantics, metadata and retrieval
- Open archives initiatives/PMH
- Multilingual and interoperability
- Copyrights issues in digital environment
- DL services and applications
- Collaboration and Networking between public libraries
- Digital initiatives of public libraries
- Open Educational resources
- Submission of full papers 20 October 2010
- Notification of acceptance of paper with comments 05 November 2010
- Submission of the revised paper after incorporating comments 20 November 2010
India and SAARC countries
- Up to 30 November 2010 -- Indian Rs 3000 + Rs 309 service tax
- After 30 November 2010 -- Indian Rs 3500 + Rs 360 service tax
Other countries (including service tax)
- Up to 30 November 2010 -- US$ 125
- After 30 November 2010 -- US$ 150
For more details Contact:
DEBAL C KAR, PhD
TERI, Darbari Seth Block,
IHC Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi 110 003, India
Telephone 24644654, 24682100, 41504900
Fax 24682144, 24682145
India +91 Delhi (0)11