The process of notifying authors and publishers about the settlement has begun. If you would like to update your readers with the court-approved Notice, which summarizes the settlement, important terms, claims process, and key dates, it is available at http://www.googlebooksettlement.com/notice.html. Rightsholders may now claim their works at http://www.googlebooksettlement.com.It is interesting that they searched the Internet to find mentions of the settlement, so they could contact those of us who had written about it. I wonder if they stopped to see what we really had written?
- Rights holders have a limited time to opt out of the Google settlement
- Article: The End of Snippet View: Google Settles Lawsuit with Book Publishers
- More on the Google settlement: Is it all good?
- More on what the Google Book Search settlement means (and my vision of Google's future)
- Article: Is Google Deal a Setback for Rival Digitization Efforts?
Technorati tags: Digitization, Google