- The New York Library Association (NYLA) now has over 7000 members (a new record)! NYLA has done a nice job in recent years in expanding membership, which gets more people active in the association and more people active in advocacy.
- NYLA continues to put the fun in the conference! Each year is advertised as the "Best Conference Ever" and it is amazing how that comes true.
- Besides a wide range of conference sessions, continuing education events, and companies/organizations in the trade show area (exhibit hall), this year there was a tattoo artist on-site! Yes, people lined up for library, book and gaming themed tattoos from Gold Tiger Tattoo.
- And if tattoos weren't enough excitement, there was sword fighting (with all of the protective gear) in the trade show area.
- If you want to get a quorum at your association's business meeting, do what NYLA has done for years - serve breakfast! This year, it was standing room only!
- While the content is always good, the networking that occurs is important. Never discount the power of being at a conference and making connections. These are the connections that could get your ahead in your career.
- The content, the location, and the people make this one of the largest state-level library conferences in the U.S., or so I've heard. I mean...a 1000+ people! Wow!
- The is indeed a great conference and I hope that others - even from outside NYS - will come to it. You will not be disappointed!
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
#NYLA2019 : Random conference thoughts
Posted by Jill Hurst-Wahl at 12:00 PM
Labels: Library Conference in NYS
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment