“Open Access to Science Information: Trends, Models and Strategies for Libraries”
IFLA Satellite pre-conference,
Sections: Science and Technology Libraries, Health and Biosciences Libraries
Chania, Crete, Greece, 6-8 August 2010
Call for papers
We are pleased to announce a Satellite Meeting in conjunction with the World Library and Information Congress: 76th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, "Open access to knowledge - promoting sustainable progress", 10-15 August 2010, Gothenburg, Sweden. The pre-conference Satellite Meeting “Open Access to Science Information: Trends, Models and Strategies for Libraries” will take place in the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania (MAICh) Conference Centre, Chania, Crete, Greece at 6-8 August 2010.
The Satellite Meeting is organized under the umbrella of the Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis International Society - ASMDA (www.asmda.com) and it is aimed to all those in the Library and Information community interested in improving access to science information including life and physical sciences as well as medical and technical information.
- Libraries, Open access and heritage,
- Organizational changes,
- Open resources management and quality,
- Users and services,
- Staff contribution and staff enrolment,
- Copyright and licenses,
- Technological support: preservation, migration, sustainability and interoperability,
- Institutional Repositories enhancement,
- Academic authors’ contribution,
- Open Access Journals and libraries journal subscription policies.
Satellite Meeting Chair: Dr. Anthi Katsirikou, University of Piraeus Library, Greece (email firstname.lastname@example.org ) or
- June 30, 2010: Abstracts for papers and workshops to the Programme Committee.
- July 15, 2010: Notification of acceptance of papers and posters.
- July 20, 2010: Speakers Registration in order to be included in the Conference Program.
Conference Halls and the Conference Location at: http://www1.maich.gr/conference