Monday, August 25, 2008

Jill's September schedule

As summer winds down, my schedule is heating up. I will be giving the following workshops/presentations in September:
  • Henderson Harbor, NYSept. 9: Practical Digitizing Series: Planning & Management of Digitization Projects (workshop), South Central Regional Library Council, Ithaca, NY -- SCRLC is conducting another series of workshops on digitization. This series will occur in the fall in Ithaca and is geared specifically towards their members and the direction that SCRLC is taking. I am pleased that SCRLC again has asked me to kick-off a digitization series for them.

  • Sept. 10: Using Digital Collections to Expand Your Audience (panel), 2008 American Association for State and Local History (AASLH) Annual Meeting, Rochester, NY -- Myself and three others will present during this session. Each of us will address this topic from a very different point of view.

  • Sept. 12: Web 3D & Virtual Worlds (presentation), Federal Library and Information Center Committee (FLICC) Forum on Federal Information Policies, Washington, D.C. -- I'll be talking about the work that government entities are doing in Second Life and what libraries need to be considering/doing. My co-presenter in this session will be talking specifically about the Swedish embassy in Second Life. Yes, governments are among those investing time and resources in virtual worlds.
For more information on any of the events on my calendar, please contact the sponsoring organization or me. If you would me to speak at your event, please give me a shout.


Technorati tags: , ,

No comments: