Description: Information Professionals and Knowledge Managers deal with significant challenges in building successful careers for a number of reasons associated with common misperceptions of their expertise and roles. In environments where they must often justify their work and value over and over again, those already in the profession need a boost and those just entering need to be prepared for a reality that may differ quite a bit from their expectations. The book is intended to give readers a set of tools and techniques with which to secure a strong career, build an effective brand, and succeed as professionals.
The book includes advice and words of wisdom from 15 amazing colleagues in North America and Europe, who work in a variety of information environments.
More Information & Where You Can Buy It:
- A complete table of contents is available on the Woodhead Publishing web site (our wonderful publisher). The book can be ordered through Woodhead, which may be convenient for those in Europe.
- In the U.S., the book is available through Neal Schuman.
- It is also available through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble (online), and may show up through other booksellers. (Both are currently offering pre-publication deals.)
Promoting the Book: A number of things are in the works:
- If you're on Facebook, there is a Fan Page for the book. Feel free to "like" it and leave comments as well as ask questions. Ulla and I want to know what you think of the book, and are definitely interested in opening up an ongoing conversation on creating career success.
- We hope to do book signings with Woodhead Publishing and Neal Schuman.
- We would like to talk about creating career success with groups - especially students - either face-to-face or via phone/video conference. Our thinking is that if you commit to a bulk order of the book and help us with the arrangements (travel costs or telecom connections), one of us (or both of us) will speak to your group.
FTC Disclaimer: Digitization 101 is an Amazon affiliate and receives a small commission if you purchase a product or service from an Digitization 101 Amazon link. (Trust me, I'm not getting rich off of Amazon.)