Digital Futures Academy
Venue: The British Library, London
Date: March 19-23, 2012
King's College London and Lyrasis is pleased to announce the Digital Futures Academy 5-day training event. We are thrilled that this year it will be hosted at The British Library.
Digital Futures focuses on the creation, delivery and preservation of digital resources from cultural and memory institutions. Lasting five days, Digital Futures is aimed at managers and other practitioners from the library, museum, heritage and cultural sectors looking to understand the strategic and management issues of developing digital resources from digitisation to delivery. Delegates will also receive 2 half day visits with expert talks and behind the scenes tours of The National Gallery and The British Library.
As the Academy enters its 9th year we invite you to join our experts of international renown in London, UK. Delegates from over 40 countries have experienced the benefits of the Digital Futures Academy. This is what they have said:
- "Excellent - I would recommend DF to anyone anticipating a digitization program"
- "I was very pleased. The team was exceptionally knowledgeable, friendly and personable."
- "Thanks, it has been an invaluable experience."
- "A really useful course and great fun too!"
Digital Futures is led by Simon Tanner, Director of Digital Consultancy at King’s College London and Tom Clareson, Lyrasis. They have over 20 years experience each and worked on over 500 digital projects across the world in delivering digital content or preserving culture. They will be supported by Alistair Dunning of The European Library and William Kilbride of the Digital Preservation Coalition. Other experts at the National Gallery and The British Library will give talks during the tours.
Digital Futures covers the following core areas:
- Planning and management
- Fund raising
- Understanding the audience
- Social media and its impact
- Metadata - introduction and implementation
- Copyright and intellectual property
- Sustainability, value and impact
- Financial issues
- Implementing digital resources
- Digital preservation
A certificate of attainment is offered to all Digital Futures Academy delegates on completion of the course.
For more details and to register please visit