Call for Contributions
iPRES 2011 - 8th International Conference on Digital Preservation of Digital Objects
November 1-4, Singapore
iPRES, the main international conference on digital preservation, is calling for proposals for original full and short papers, panels, workshops, posters and demonstrations.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Domain-specific Challenges (Cultural Heritage, Technical and Scientific Processes and Data,
- Engineering Models and Simulation, Medical Records, Corporate Processes and Recordkeeping, Web
- Archiving, Personal Archiving, e-Procurement, etc.)
- Systems Life-cycle (Requirements, Modeling, Design, Development, Deployment and Maintenance)
- Trusted Repositories and Governance (Risk Analysis, Planning, Audit and Certification, Business Models, Cost Estimation, etc.)
- Case Studies and Best Practices (Processes, Metadata, Systems, Services, Infrastructures, etc.)
- Innovation in Digital Preservation (Novel Challenges and Scenarios, Innovative Approaches)
- Added-value of Digital Preservation (Emerging Exploitation Scenarios and the Long-Tail of Digital Repositories and Archives)
- Training and Education
- Theory of Digital Preservation
Call for Posters and Demonstrations – Submissions are encouraged for a special session that for posters reporting emerging issues or work in progress, and also for demonstrations of innovative systems.
Call for Panels - Proposals for highly relevant panels are welcome. Panels are expected to be important community building actions, by promoting discussions on relevant issues and be presented by provocative expert panelists willing to engage with the audience.
Call for Workshops - Proposals for workshops, to be held after the main conference, are welcome.
Instructions for Submissions
- Proposals for full (8 to 10 pages) and short (4 pages) papers, and for posters or demonstrations (2 pages) must be submitted to the electronic submission system according to the conference’s template:
- Submission system: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ipres2011
- Paper’s template: http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates
- Proposals for workshops or panels must be submitted by the workshop or panel chair, by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proposals for panels must detail the subject, the intended experts’ panel, and the proposed model of interaction with the audience (this is going to be a key detail in the evaluation of the proposals).
- Proposals for workshops must detail the subject to be covered, the process for the call for participation, the important dates, the duration, and the proposed organization and scientific committees.
- 15 June 2011 - Workshops proposals due
- 01 July 2011 – Full and short papers, posters and demonstrations proposals due
- 22 August 2011 – Panels proposals due
- 28 August 2011 - Acceptance notification
- 15 September 2011 - Camera Ready Full and Short Papers
- 30 September 2011 - Early Registration