FamilySearch and the Society for Imaging Science and Technology invite you to Archiving 2011, the international digital archiving conference covering the most pressing issues in imaging technology, digital access and preservation.
Archiving 2011 offers a unique opportunity for imaging scientists and those working in the cultural heritage community (curators, archivists, librarians, etc.), as well as in government, industry, and academia, to learn from peers and experts about:
- Developing a digital archive with appropriate processes and flows
- Preserving and providing access to digital artifacts
- Latest trends in imaging science technology
The conference will be held May 16-19 in Salt Lake City, Utah at the Salt Lake City Marriott Downtown.
The Archiving 2011 Conference Committee has put together a technically rich meeting that balances an exciting papers program with fun and interesting networking events.
The stimulating program includes more than 30 oral presentations and a host of interactive papers. The program also contains behind-the-scenes tours of cultural institutions and the following industry-leading keynote speakers:
- David Ferriero, 10th Archivist of the US National Archives: Creating a Digital Future: The National Archives and Information Technology
- Jay Verkler, President and CEO, FamilySearch International: Preservation in a Digital Age
- Michael Wash, Deputy CIO, US Department of Transportation: Preservation Starts from the Beginning
The Archiving 2011 program and additional information are available at http://www.imaging.org/ist/conferences/archiving.
Mark your calendar for what promises to be an outstanding program at Archiving 2011.
Wayne Metcalfe and Kate Zwaard, General Co-Chairs