Blogs: Here are five that are in my blog reader. There may, of course, be others.
- The Blog Libific by Peter McCracken, librarian and co-founder of Serials Solutions
- Federated Search Blog written primarily by Sol Lederman and sponsored by Deep Web Technologies
- MUSEings written by MuseGlobal CEO Kate Noerr
- Search Done Right, a team blog by Vivisimo, which is a more broadly focused blog
- Beyond Search by Steve Arnold at Arnold IT, which focuses on all corners of the search industry, including federated search
Besides using an Internet search engine to find articles, be sure to use the databases at your library.
Presentations: I suspect that every library-related conference contains several presentations on federated search. Here are a few from 2008:
- Federated Searching: Giving Users What They Want, October 2008, Bonnie Swoger and three others
- Bearcat Search: Implementing Federated Searching at the Newman Library, March 2008, Stephen Francoeur and four others
- What’s new in Federated Search, April 2008, Frank Cervone and Jeff Wisniewski
- Trends and Patterns of MetaLib Usage at a Large Academic Library, August 2008, by Frank Cervone
Technorati tag: Federated Search