Tuesday, December 15, 2015

January - December 2016: Speaking/workshop/travel schedule

South St. Philadelphia
South St. in Philadelphia, PA
With 2016 just around the corner, this is where my travels will be taking me:
  • January 5-8: ALISE, Boston, MA. (#alise16) - ALISE is a conference for library and information science educators, as well as LIS deans and program directors/chairs. I register for this conference early and even before the schedule is known, because I know the sessions and the conversations will be excellent.  As a MSLIS program director, this is a "must" conference for me.
  • January 8-12: ALA Midwinter, Boston, MA. (#alamw16) - I'm not actually attending ALA Midwinter, but I am attending two ALA accreditation related meetings that are held during the conference.  I'm also working the SU iSchool booth on Saturday morning (booth 948).  I'm also visiting some LIS employers in Boston. (Want to suggest anyone?)
  • March 8-10: Computers in Libraries (CIL), Washington, DC. (#CILDC) - I will be speaking twice on Thursday and one of those is with a group of colleagues.  More about that later.  I'll also be visiting some LIS employers in that area.
  • June 12-14: SLA Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA (#sla2016) -SLA is returning to Philly after being in that city in 2011. I am speaking at one session Sunday on copyright.  More about that later.  I believe the SU iSchool will have a booth at the conference and so look for me there.

If you are at any of the conferences above, please stop me and say "hi".  If we can, let's grab a cup of coffee!

Below are conferences that I hope to attend this year.  ALA Annual and IFLA are not a definite; however, it would be shame for IFLA to be this close and to not go! 
  • June 23-28: ALA Annual Conference, Orlando, FL (#alaac16)
  • August 13-19: IFLA, Columbus, OH (#wlic2015)
  • November 2 - 5: NYLA, Saratoga Springs, NY (#NYLA16)
If I get to ALL of these conferences, it will be a very busy year.

No comments: