- Melissa A. Barnett (2014). The next big fight: 3D printing and intellectual property
- Erin Carson (2014). 3D printing: Overcoming the legal and intellectual property issues
- DLA Piper (2011). Clone Wars: 3D Printing and Intellectual Property.
- Elizabeth Ferrill (2014). 3D Printing: Keeping It Legal.
- James Grimmelmann (2014). Indistinguishable from Magic: A Wizard’s Guide to Copyright and 3D Printing.
- Oliver Herzfeld (May 2013). Protecting 3D Printing Designs And Objects.
- John Hornick (Sept. 2013). Some Thoughts on Copyright and 3D Printing.
- New Media Rights (2014). 3D printing trademark basics
- New Media Rights (2014). 3D printing copyright basics
- New Media Rights (2014). 3D printing patent basics
- New Media Rights (2014). Legal issues that arise from creating a 3D file by scanning an object
- New Media Rights (2014). Legal issues that arise from creating a 3D file using only a computer program
- Public Knowledge (Jan. 2013). What's the Deal with Copyright and 3D Printing?
- John Paul Titlow (Feb. 2013). Why 3D Printing Will Be The Next Big Copyright Fight.
Monday, December 08, 2014
3D printing, makerspaces and copyright
I started this list months ago and am realizing that I need to publish it. 3D printing and makerspaces have created conversations around copyright. Here are some resources - including a video - that may help with those conversations.