Friday, August 19, 2011

Lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer...

As Nat King Cole sang in the early 1960s:
Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
Those days of soda and pretzels and beer
Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
Dust off the sun and moon and sing a song of cheer
I just realized that I hadn't added to this blog in a week.  And while my blogging has become more sparse at times, I had gotten on a good "roll" recently...but then summer called to me (as well as preparations for the fall semester) and blogging took a back seat.

One of the joys of summer is "doing things"...in other words, taking advantage of what we can do in real life.  On Tuesday, I went to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY.  While the Hall of Fame has online exhibits, there is nothing like seeing the stuff live and experiencing everyone's reaction to it.  (And nothing like a  Yankee fan dad making his Red Sox fan son stand next to Yankee memorabilia to have his picture taken!)  A good reminder that getting away from the virtual/digital is always a good thing to do.

And in case you need a "pick-me-up" and a reminder that this is summer in the northern hemisphere, listen to this.



P.S. - I'll try to get another quick blog post out this afternoon, so you'll have something substantial before the weekend.

No comments: