I received this via email. A good reminder that there are good online options for learning more.
There are still some places left on the following accredited distance learning courses offered by the Centre for Archive and Information Studies (CAIS) at the University of Dundee. The courses are tutored by experts and delivered online via an interactive, fully-supported, virtual learning environment. Further details of the courses are listed below. Please note that the closing date for applications is the 29th July. Courses begin on the 19th September.
- Electronic Records Management (15 weeks)
- Management and Preservation of Digital Records (15 weeks)
CAIS also offers a Postgraduate Certificate in Digital Recordkeeping (60 credits) and is accepting applications for this and for Masters in
- Archives and Records Management
- Records Management and Information Rights
- Records Management and Digital Preservation.
The deadline for Masters applications is the 15th July.
For more details and an application form please visit http://www.dundee.ac.uk/cais/cpd/ or contact email@example.com.
Electronic Records Management
- Electronic records and their management: key concepts and terminology; unique properties of electronic records; implications of these properties for their management; understanding and coping in hybrid paper and electronic environments
- Incorporating electronic records management into the information fabric of your organisation: drivers for electronic records and information management; key elements of a successful electronic records program; mandates and policies; technical and social infrastructure; establishing collaborations with key personnel
- Getting started: simple first steps to begin managing your organisation’s information; understanding your organisation’s information landscape; sources of information to help you manage information; gaining practical experience; learning from the experience of others
Management and Preservation of Digital Records
- Computer science basics for recordkeeping and preservation
- Digital archiving and preservation processes: comparing digital archiving and analogue archiving technologies
- Systems to support digital recordkeeping and preservation: current status and limitations; the Open Archival Information System (OAIS) standard
- Metadata standards and metadata maintenance
- Organisational and business considerations
- The future agenda: how might the management and preservation of digital records evolve in future?