Ensuring the longevity of your collections is a challenge you need not face alone. Join LYRASIS for Staying on TRAC: Digital Preservation Implications and Solutions for Collaboratives. This workshop has been designed especially for libraries and cultural heritage institutions with existing digital content, created collaboratively or locally, that need to plan for long-term preservation of, and access to, these materials.
Goals of the Staying on TRAC workshop:
- To help libraries and cultural heritage organizations gain an understanding of the organizational roles and responsibilities related to digital preservation;
- To provide the information and tools that organizations need to develop a local digital preservation policy;
- To provide the information and means to help institutions advocate for digital preservation at the local and collaborative levels;
- To assist institutions and their collaborative partners in developing the capacity to assume responsibility for long-term accessibility of digital collections under their stewardship.
Using de facto guidelines, standards, and tools for digital preservation planning, analysis, and assessment such as the CRL-OCLC-NARA Trustworthy Repositories Audit and Certification: Criteria and Checklist (TRAC), the workshop will provide you with the information and tools you need to plan, assess and outline a digital preservation plan for sustaining collaboratively generated digital content.
Limited space, register today!
The workshop consists of 3 webinars and an in-person session:
- Webinar 1 - November 2, 1-3 p.m. ET
- Webinar 2 - November 3, 1-3 p.m. ET
- Webinar 3 - November 5, 1-3 p.m. ET
- In-person session - November 16-17, 2010, Northwestern University Libraries, Evanston, Illinois
BONUS: Five collaboratives who complete their plans will be selected for an onsite digital preservation readiness assessment. Each assessment will be conducted by two of the faculty members.
Workshop Fee: The cost to attend this invaluable workshop is $150 for the first member of a registered collaborative team, and $75 for additional on-site attendees from the same collaborative team. NOTE: The fee covers the webinars and in-person session, as well as all workshop materials and post-workshop online activities. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided at the in-person session.