*Survive or thrive: making the most of your digital content Conference*
8-9 June 2010
Macdonald Hotel, Manchester
The growth of digital content and use of content on the Web has been rapidly changing over the past decade. The digital deluge provides opportunities but how can these best be exploited? Are you making the most of your content? What are the technical and strategic approaches required to thrive in today's environment?
Question this conference will start to address:
- How do we exploit the value of distributed resources, linked data, geospatial tagging and metadata etc?
- In terms of scale what are the issues and barriers? What does working at web scale mean and offer? How can the crowd be exploited?
- What are the issues and opportunities for opening up content?
- How do we effectively and efficiently meet the needs of users and taking the best advantage of the available technologies? For example personalisation?
- How do sectors work together? Education, the cultural heritage sector, engaging business and community and the public and private sectors? What role should strategic agencies play?
The aim of the conference is to bring together community of experts to provide a focus on the above questions. This will allow us to identify the key approaches that universities, colleges, the cultural heritage and public sectors can pursue to support education, research and the wider knowledge economy.
It will provide a *Position Paper*, based on the workshop discussion that gives direction to content providers in the networked environment.
Also the outcomes of the workshop will help to inform JISC programmes and service approaches, in particular the resource discovery and access strategies that JISC pursues; for example the JISC and Research Libraries UK Resource Discovery Task Force vision
This event is aimed at people who have a stake in providing content for learning teaching and research. This includes policy makers, senior managers, information specialists and technical managers/developers, from the public and commercial sectors.
Your registration includes all refreshments, lunch and dinner at the event. It also includes a night's B & B accommodation. Otherwise, travel and subsistence are not included.
To book ASAP please click on the link as: