Sunday, August 30, 2009

My 5th Anniversary as a blogger!

My first blog post on August 30, 2004 wasn't very long or helpful, but it was a beginning. Since then, this blog has been visited by people from across six continents including islands in the middle of the oceans. From the statistics kept my SiteMeter and ClusterMaps, it looks like this blog gets around 6000 visits per month, which does not count those who read blog posts through their RSS readers or via email. Thank you for your visits!

In addition to your faith in reading Digitization 101, I have been heartened by the number of people who have quoted text from this blog. I've found quotes in English as well as in a number of other languages. Thank you!

Because of the faith you have put in this blog, Digitization 101 has gotten itself listed in places that have truly humbled me (and continues to do so).

In addition, this blog has become my "calling card" and allowed me to meet many wonderful people through blog post comments, email, telephone and face-to-face. Wow!

On August 30, 2004, I had not idea that this would happen. I am and will be forever grateful for what has occurred!

Photo above from http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisirmo/ / CC BY-NC-SA 2.0

No comments: