Tuesday, July 21, 2009

iPRES 2009 - registration is now open

IPRES 2009 (International Conference on Preservation of Digital Objects) is the sixth annual event in the series. This year, the conference is back in the U.S. and will be held in San Francisco. The conference brings together researchers and practitioners from around the world to explore the latest trends, innovations, and practices in preserving our scientific and cultural digital heritage. iPRES will occur on Oct. 5 & 6 and there are several related events on Oct. 7 - 9.

Registration costs are (U.S. Dollars):
  • Through September 11, 2009: $275.00
  • September 11-30, 2009: $325.00
  • After September 30, 2009: $400.00
Having been to iPRES 2006, I can tell you that this conference is definitely worthwhile!

(Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be at this one...)

09/18/2009: I had intended to go to iPRES because it is back in the U.S., but a realistic look at my schedule and commitments convinced me that I should use other methods to learn more about digital preservation.


More information - Related Digitization 101 blog posts on past iPRES events.


Technorati tag:

No comments: