The International Internet Preservation Consortium (IIPC) has established a new mailing list for web curators and other practitioners interested in sharing information and experiences about web harvesting issues and associated quality review and archival issues.
The mailing list will focus on curator tools for harvesting web material, using web archives, working with archived material, and accessing harvested material. Topics of interest could include:
- Harvesting tools and workflows, including NetarchiveSuite, PANDAS, the Web Curator Tool, the Web Archiving Service, Archive-It and others;
- How to harvest and review blogs and Wikis, particularly the major platforms;
- How to harvest and review YouTube and other video content;
- Problems with specific web sites or web pages;
- Problems with particular file formats; and
- Guidance on whether to accept or reject a particular harvest.
The list is sponsored by the International Internet Preservation Consortium, moderated by IIPC members, and is a private list open to anyone who has an interest in web harvesting issues. All interested parties are invited to subscribe and encouraged to participate.
To subscribe, visit http://netpreserve.org/about/curator.php or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address.
Technorati tag: Digital Preservation