Here are some quick notes -- things that stood out to me:
- Gamers are both men and women of all ages.
- 77 million boomers are gamers
- 90 million up to age 35
- People of different ages, etc., can "come together" around gaming
- Gaming allows people to do with video / online games things that they can't do in real life
- Games allow people to learn by doing
- People who play games are used to multiple ways of getting things done (no right answer)
- In games, you can try various things/tactics until you succeed.
- Book reading is generally solitary. Game playing is not. It is social.
- There are "literacies" involved in gaming.
- Some of the skills employers say they need their employees to have in the 21st century can be learned through gaming.
Technorati tag: IL2007