- If you document your decisions, then you won't have to make the same decisions again.
- When people ask what you decided about "X", you will know AND be able to point to the documentation.
- Having it in writing generally means you've come to an agreement on whatever it is.
- Not everyone operates with the same assumptions, so documenting them allows everyone to see, understand and operate under the same assumptions.
- New people will be able to come up to speed more quickly.
- You'll be more efficient and effective.
Technorati tags: Digitization, Documentation