Monday, March 20, 2006

The week ahead (CIL)

Tomorrow morning, I will fly to Washington, D.C. and participate in the Computers in Libraries (CIL) conference. It is hard to believe that this is my first CIL conference, but it is. I know it will be full of information and I will blog about it as much as possible.

I'm looking forward to meeting people whom I talk to online including Michael Stephens, Meredith Farkas and Christina Pikas. Roy Tennant will be there at the end of the week and I hope to have a chance to meet him.

I am also looking forward to the sessions. There will undoubtedly be new ideas surfaced and discussed, which is one reason we all attend conferences. We go in search of new information and inspiration. I hope to not only be inspired, but also to help inspire others at my session on Wednesday (Failing to Innovate: Not an Option) and the workshop that K.M. Dames and I are doing on Saturday. I have already been inspired by the information people have posted as they have prepared their presentations (both in their blogs and in Flickr).

I am sure that I will hear about projects and ideas that you need to know about. And I'll be sure to tell you all about them.


BTW You can see the list of bloggers in the CIL wiki, which was built by Meredith Farkas. You can also grab the OMPL file to "subscribe" to the conference-related feeds.

Technorati tag:

No comments: