- They are a distinct age cohort
- They are emersed in a world of media and gadgets. "If they can't be with the device they love, they love the device they are with."
- The Internet plays a special role in their world. It is where they show off their creativity.
- They are multitaskers. In their world, we might position librarians as "information support" to help them when it is needed.
- They are often unaware of or are indifferent to teh consiequences of their Internet use (e..g, copyright & privacy, disclosure)
- Their (our) technology world will change radically in the next decade. His discussion here included the Long Tail.
- The way they approach learning and research will be shaped by their new technology world. For example -- It will be more self-directed. They will rely on group knowledge.
Technorati tag: CIL2006