3 WEEK ONLINE COURSE ON DIGITIZATION
February 27 - March 17, 2006
The Illinois Digitization Institute is offering more on-line digitization courses in 2006! The first course will be from February 27 - March 17, 2006.
Using WebCT courseware, this web-based course will allow participants to contribute to online discussions and solve real world digitization problems right from their own computers.
Topics to be discussed are:
- Benefits and costs of digitization projects
- Issues involved in designing, setting goals,and evaluating digitization projects
- Planning issues including: budgeting, workflow, copyright, and delivery
- Metadata standards and metadata creation
- Selection of materials to be digitize and equipment selection
- Best practices and basic scanning and image manipulation skills
The course will run Mondays - Fridays each week, with the online portion taking approximately two to three hours per day. Other readings and assignments may take more time to complete. The registration fee is $300.00 per person. No refunds will be given after Friday, February 24, 2006.
For more information or to register for a course visit:
DEADLINE FOR REGISTERING IS WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2006.
Questions? Please contact Amy Maroso by e-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (217) 244-4946.