- IC Recorder ICD-ST25 Stereo
- Marantz PMD 670 or 660
- There's a system that uses the PC (laptop) for storing the audio as it is recording.
- Digital recorders can be very expensive, but so can be converting analog to digital.
- Consider if transcription will be necessary.
- Get a signed release form from the interviewee.
- Consider something like Adobe Audition to edit the audio.
- Article -- Digital Recording: Here to Stay. http://www.ttctranscriptions.com/Digitalvsanalog.html
- Article -- The Holy Grail of Digital Recording.
- Digital Audio Best Practices, Version 1.2, (link deleted, see below)
Update (12/6/2005): The Digital Audio Best Practices were updated in November 2005. Version 2.0 is available at http://www.cdpheritage.org/digital/audio/documents/CDPDABP_1-2.pdf