So what will happen over the next two years? There will be:
- Workshops on various aspects of digitization
- A vendor fair (or digitization expo) to include demonstrations of regional projects
- Discussions and information sessions
- Research into federated searching options
- A survey to gather information from member libraries including information on their historic/archive collections
- Research into equipment that member institutions and WNYLRC could use for digitization
- The development of a digitization plan
- And more...
Stay turned for more about this (lessons learned, etc.). I hoping that WNYLRC will start a blog for this project. If they (we) do, I'll let you know.